Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Mountain Climber

    For a long time here lately, I have been thinking alot about my blog.  I haven't posted a blog since April 4th!  It isn't because I haven't had time, nor have I forgotten about it.  I have just simply been blank about the subject of the condition of this world.  I believe it is unquestionable that we are soon to see the last days.  As a matter of fact, I believe that we are in the last days.  This world in is such rough condition, I think, "where do I start?".  While paying close attention to the world events taking place, thinks have bounced from Lybia, Israel, The Middle East, The United States and back around the circle again. 

    Here lately, the big focus has been on the United States and its dwindelling government.  The obvious big issues are spending and borrowing of the US.  The republicans are strong on their oppinions on how to fix this mess and the democrats are the same way.  Now, you may ask me, am I a republican, or democrat?  (Yes, I know this can get personal, depending on the person)  The answer?...neither..I am a Christian.  Why do I not stand for one party or the next? Becuase neither stand on the principals of the Word of the Living God.  Do not get me wrong, dont think that I do not care, because I can assure you that I do.  Although, I am not a politician at all, so we wont get to deep into that today.  Maybe later.

    To sum all that up, my every single blog will NOT be on the depressing news of America, it will NOT be all about the destruction of surrounding countries and nations.  Although Israel is definitely the nation to watch today, my blogs will not even be on the events of Israel (even though I will keep you informed).  Rather than just providing you with facts of our time, I want to supply the means to fix our own lives: seeking God with ALL YOUR HEART. 


    Something that I have thought much about in my own life in the last while is how I pray.  I tend to do alot of asking and trying to figure things out for myself.  I would even venture to say that most of you do too.  We do this without realizing it.  It is almost natural.  But why?  Why are we so focused on ourselves to ask for things for ourselves instead of seek what God wants?  I hear so many peopke ask me and others "how do I know what Gods will for my life is?"  That is a great question.  Not so very long ago, I had that same question myself.  I spent a lot of time searching and what I thought was seeking for that answer.  Something that I had to realize is that Gods will is so much bigger than me.  Do I know God's will for my every step in life?  No. Not even close.  When looking for that answer, one of the most important elements is loosing grip on yourself and realize that He has a plan that is more than your life.  Now, does God have a will for your life?  Absolutely.  Nothing comes to us by chance.  But, when we realize that we are servants for Him, looking at the bigger picture becomes easier; and after a while, we will tend to take the focus off ourself. 


    When I was wanting to know His will for my individual life, to be honest, I wasn't so concerned with the homeless man begging for just a bite of food.  I wasn't worried about the people who weren't hearing the word of God.  I was so concerned with trying to find what was right for my life, that I didn't even notice the bigger picture.  The truth is, most Christians are looking for God's will in their own life, but, my theory is that if we all take focus off ourselves, and put it on each other, our needs will be met.  But, more importantly, we can show Christ in our lives to reach those is desperate need.  In fact, that is God's will for us as a people and Christian nation. 

Matthew 28: 19-20
19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”


Next, we will look at HOW to seek His will and living a radical Christian life.

1 comment:

  1. It's a miracle! You blogged and it was wonderful as always! I never fail to learn something from your posts.

    ReplyDelete