Monday, March 21, 2011

Dramatic Events Unfold

    Here lately, I have been spending a lot of time in the Bible reading prophecy material and relating them to current events.  I find myself in the book of Daniel very often.  Daniel was a man who was shown visions about times such as these and he was very close to God.  These studies have very much affected my prayer life, as I pray to be shown things as well.  I must admit that I was praying with little faith, because I was thinking that God wouldn't show me things so vividly and so dramatic, but boy was I wrong.  Just last night I was driving down 421 on my way to town and it was around 8:30 or 9:00.  I gave my signal to switch lanes and when I checked my rear view mirror I saw what I believe that God had me to see that night just above my car.  The sky looked just like an angel holding what looked like a lightning bolt directed towards the earth.  Now I know that sounds so so crazy, but I'm telling the truth.  The bolt of lightning and its wings were so vivid and clear, and I could see the shape of its upper body.  The image was there for about 2 or 3 minutes then disappeared; just long enough for me to get the image in my head.  Before really even praying about it, God spoke and told me that this was a sign that these events on the earth now are going to continue and begin to escalate.  By "these events" I mean the events in Libya, Japan, Egypt, Israel, America and many others.  After seeing this, I wasn't like Daniel, trembling and afraid.  I was just at peace about it.  It was very interesting.  I just thought I would share what I got to experience. 

    I have much to talk about in this post, so here we go.  First of all, a "No Fly Zone" has been issued over Libya.  Everything has been going okay with it so far, but last night, I saw on the news that there has been bombings in Tripoli, which is on the coast of Libya.


 In another live video, it was about 2:30 in the morning there, and the sky looked like a multitude of aircraft and missiles in the air.  That seems so huge to me.  There is still so much to learn on that story.  The nation to watch is Israel.  The nation of Israel is God's chosen people.  The reason for the 1000 year reign of Christ is so that He will keep His promise to Abraham when He told him He would protect the nation.  Some Americans, for some reason, think that Americans are Gods chosen people.  I have news...we are NOT.  God is all about keeping His promises and another promise that He made was that during the tribulation time, 144,000 Jews will come to Christ.  Its amazing to me how God chooses such a small nation to be His chosen.  All of Israel is about the size of New Jersey.  Yet this nation is the nation to watch.  It will be the focal point of the End Times.  America has almost always been allies with Israel, which is a very good thing, being that Israel has such a strong army, but we are beginning to pull away from them for some reason, which is bad. 



   This is called the Dome of the Rock, which is in Jerusalem.  This will be the site of the New Jerusalem, but first, during the tribulation period, the Antichrist will go inside the temple and set up an image of himself.

    "He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God. "
                                                                      2 Thessalonians 2:4

 By the way, another indication of the last days is that the temple will be rebuilt and as we speak, the material is being prepared.  The tends to put things into perspective doesn't it? 

    I know this a lot, but I have one more thing.  Lets look at something the physician Luke wrote.

                        "There will be sings in the sun, moon and stars.  On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea."
                                                                  Luke 21:25

    On March 19th, the moon was closest to the earth that it has been in 18 years and possibly closer....lets take a look. 



   Check this out!  How many times do we see a FULL MOON that close?!  That is amazing.  That definitely speaks to me.  With God, nothing is just by chance.  The moon was only an estimated 221,365 miles from the earth.  Personally, I love astronomy.  It is beautiful to see the planets and the moon and stars, so this interests me; much less the fact that it is in Gods word!  At the moons normal distance from the earth, it has such a huge gravitational pull that it actually controls the tides of the oceans and seismic activity such as tsunamis, earthquakes and volcanoes.  So at this close distance, imagine what kind of imbalance that can cause..its amazing. 

    Lets look at the second part of that verse.  "on the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring of the sea."  Does anything come to mind? How about the tsunami and earthquakes in Japan, which are the largest ever recorded in history. 







These pictures are so devastating.  I believe all that is going on is truly Gods "wake up call" if you will, to this world.  Christians, lets us not forget our purpose:

    "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
                                                            Matthew 28:19-20

Every nation today is in need.  Although they are in need of different things whether it be disaster relief, or types of freedom, they are all in need of the same thing, which is Jesus Christ.  In the end, He is all that matters.  "I am the way, the truth and the life" "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life"  -Jesus


May we seek Christ in the midst of this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment