Sunday, February 20, 2011

A New Twist...

    I know what I'm getting ready to talk about isn't what I usually post...but its a revelation in my own life.  For the last few weeks, my Pastor has been teaching about Heaven and what it will be like.  I have grown so much in just these last weeks that I am seeing life through a whole new set of lenses.  I now long for heaven so much  more than I ever have.  2 weeks ago on Sunday, I was in church and got so broken down that I was just being drawn to pray.  But, when I did begin to pray, I had absolutely no words to offer.  It was because my God had something for me.  In my quiet time in the midst of all the music and prayer, God spoke to me and said "If you will live this life, and break yourself down for me...give it your all...come back to me with no breath left in your lungs...not even able to speak or stand...weary.  I will make sure that you will stand tall!"  The Lord of Heaven and Earth said that to me!!  I know that I am to be used.  (Just wanted to share that)

    So now with my subject.  Have you noticed lately how much we are seeing abortion in our society today?  Did you know that 22% of all pregnancies end in abortion?  How about homosexuality?  There are 8.8 million people in America that claim to be homosexual.  What about different religions? There are now 22 major religions in America today, with Scientology on the rise and Christianity on the downfall.  Please don't get me wrong...to me..Christianity to me is not at all a "religion".  Religion is merely man-made.  Christianity is having that personal, intimate relationship with Jesus Christ, letting Him be Lord of your life.  But back to my point, why is this happening?  It seems to me that Christians today are just so afraid of stirring things up.  They think that Christians are just supposed to be such passive, meek creatures.  NO!  absolutely not!  Was Jesus hesitant about shaking things up? Not at all.  He says in His word that He has overcome this world.  Don't you think that by doing that took some stirring up?  Also, He was not about to let anyone make a mockery of His house.  Jesus was so much more than just a passive man. 

    So why are we so passive and calm?  I believe its because we don't want to stir things up, or cause a scene.  Jesus caused many scenes.  Think of all the protests that I have been talking about lately...just think...what if Christians did that and actually fought for what we believe in, rather than just talking about it. 

   Lets look at some history vs. today's society.  All the people today that are getting abortions, and claiming homosexuality, and claiming false religions; do you think people would have been doing that even 15 or 20 years ago?  Absolutely not.  What has caused this?  many many things...way too much to mention in one short blog.  Poor parenting, worldly ideas and Satan instilling thoughts into weak minds.  But today, people are not trying to hide sin at all...they don't even recognize it. 

   My Scripture? 

2 Kings 17:16 - They forsook all the commands of the LORD their God and made for themselves two idols cast in the shape of calves, and an Asherah pole. They bowed down to all the starry hosts, and they worshiped Baal.

2 Kings 17:17 - They sacrificed their sons and daughters in the fire. They practiced divination and sorcery and sold themselves to do evil in the eyes of the LORD, provoking him to anger.

    People in this scripture were doing the things that many are doing today: worshiping other gods, partaking in things that are clearly against the will of God.   So...what was the consequence and Gods punishment? (because He is sovereign)

2 Kings 17:18 - So the LORD was very angry with Israel and removed them from his presence. Only the tribe of Judah was left,

    God removed them from His presence....wow...what would it feel like to be completely away from God?  Terrifying..  Notice where the scripture says "only the tribe of Judah was left"  The tribe of Judah was the only Christian nation in the middle east at that time, and they were right in the center of everyone else. 

I see the exact same thing happening in our world today as what was happening in those days in the middle east.  Like I said before...history can tell us so much about our future...it will make you think, won't it?

May we seek Christ in the midst of our world.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Justin. What a great post. The words God spoke to you as you prayed left me teary eyed and in awe of our Creator. I felt His presence even as I read those words. Thank you so much for sharing that. It is amazing how things have changed over the past several years. Christians weaken more and more. We have to stand up, or things won't change. We have the answer. Wow, you got me on a roll! :) But really, this was great, but more importantly, it is true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! and yes, it is true. It seems like some christians are just so satified in their own little world.

    ReplyDelete